Join us as we lay out and discuss our plans to attract industry talent and development...
FaB's Council is pleased to offer their CEO Briefings to provide the industry with facilitated, invite-only, peer discussions. They are specifically designed to offer year-round opportunities to give direct senior executive input and support of FaB’s strategic initiatives as we address issues facing the industry.
WHY ATTEND THIS INVITE-ONLY BRIEFING?
See our RSVPs below.
At this briefing dedicated to advancing and funding our industry talent attraction plans, you will:
- Learn how 2016 CEO Briefing input, along with the work of our Talent Committee, has been formed into an Industry Talent Outreach Plan to ensure a pipeline of talent for your growth.
- Benefit from a peer setting to review and offer input on our plans via a facilitated Briefing Discussion on how you can leverage, add to, or adapt our plans for your needs.
- Learn the key findings of our 2016 Industry Talent Needs Assessment Survey, conducted with and presented by MRA-The Management Association.
- Learn about best practices of the hospitality industry which is attracting hundreds of students, presented by Joe Bartolotta, Co-Owner of The Bartolotta Restaurants.
THE BACKDROP & PROGRAM
It was a year ago that we began gathering input on FaB's plans to attract talent, and talent development to the industry. At this CEO Briefing, we’ll share and discuss key findings from our 2016 Industry Talent Needs Assessment Survey conducted by MRA-Resource Management Association.
And we’ll tie together and share our plans to address the looming talent shortage facing the industry, with an invitation for your company to participate in our 2017 Farm to Factory to Fork High School Career Discovery on March 24.
Attendees will also value our feature presentation and conversation with Joe Bartolotta, co-owner of The Bartolotta Restaurants. Joe will share Bartolotta's hands-on approach to attracting and developing the talent they need to grow their thriving business.
It was a year ago that we pointed to the restaurant industry for its workforce attraction and talent development best practices. From their Servsafe Certificates to Prostart Training, they’ve led the way on offering widely accessible training and development opportunities. We specifically called out attention to Bartolotta’s Restaurant Group when they advanced their partnership with MATC and MPS with an onsite program at Vincent High School on culinary education and training.
As announced at our Third Annual Meeting last year, FaB is embarking on a sponsorship campaign to raise the necessary funds to conduct effective talent outreach for the food and beverage industry. We're dedicating 20% of all sponsorship income in our efforts to fund a $50,000 outreach campaign. Please accept our invitation to participate and become a sponsoring Briefing attendee with 20% of event income raised going towards our campaign.
9:30 am – 10:00 am
Arrive and network, and enjoy a breakfast buffet prepared by Bartolotta's
10:00 am - 10:15 am
Welcome, sharing of FaB's Outreach Plans
10:15 am - 10:30 am
FaB Survey results – key findings presented by MRA
10:30 am – 10:50 am
Best Practice: Joe Bartolotta shares Bartolotta’s work to attract and develop a talent pool to grow their thriving business.
10:50 am – 11:00 am
Table discussion setting
11:00 am – 11:30 am
Table discussion: How could you leverage or add to our plans?
11:30 am – 11:50 am
Table report outs
11:50 am – noon
Special expanded invite list for February 2017 Briefing. See details below.
Invitations are extended to the senior leadership of Wisconsin’s food, beverage, ingredients, equipment and packaging manufacturers, and distributors, retailers and associations. We invite FaB's Food and Beverage Member Companies (limit two per company) and our Annual Sponsors (non-food and beverage, limit one per company/CEO).
We also periodically expand our invitation opportunities to senior leaders of non-member companies to broaden industry interaction and deepen organizational discussions, as well as to community leaders.
Our invitation list for our first Briefing of 2017 is being extended to:
- You, and for you to attend with your human resource leader. Your HR leader should not be considered your substitution.
- Superintendents and principals of Wisconsin STEM High Schools
- One representative from state technical colleges and universities
- FaB’s Council, Talent Committee, and FaBsafe Executive Committee
WHAT IS A FaB CEO BRIEFING?
FaB CEO Briefings are offed by FaB's Council and provide the industry, facilitated peer discussions among 60-75 senior executives. They are designed to offer year-round opportunities to garner direct senior executive input, and support of FaB’s strategic initiatives as we address issues facing the industry. They are invite-only sessions for the CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Presidents, Executive VPs (not including Sales), GMs, Owners and Entrepreneurs of Wisconsin’s food and beverage companies.
See past FaB CEO Briefing Summaries:
>>February 16, 2016 FaB CEO Briefing: The State of Industry Talent Summary
>>May 31, 2016 FaB CEO Briefing: Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Summary
>>August 30, 2016 FaB CEO Briefing: The State of Industry Growth
The Italian Community Center offers a large complimentary parking surface parking lot.
COMING FROM THE FOX CITIES/GREEN BAY AREA?
Miron Construction is pleased to offer complimentary shuttle transportation from their offices in Neenah located at 1471 McMahon Dr.
Miron's offices offer a large surface lot for your vehicle during the day. To reserve your seat, please contact Dan Voss at email@example.com. Shuttle departs promptly at 7:45 am.
Food and Beverage Companies
- The Bartolotta Restaurants: Joe Bartolotta
- Butter Buds: Tom Buhler
- Central Standard Craft Distillery: Pat McQuillan and Evan Hughes
- Chr. Hansen: David Carpenter (HR: Dawn Wietholter)
- Denali Ingredients: Neal Glaeser (HR: Paul Kortman)
- Door County Brewing Co.: John McMahon
- East Shore Specialty Foods: Jeri Mesching
- Fred Usinger, Inc.: Fritz Usinger (HR: Deanna Kutchenriter)
- Gehl Foods: Eric Beringause (HR: Laurie Brunner)
- Joseph Campione, Inc.: Sal Campione
- Johnsonville: Lean Glaub
- Kerry: Colin McDermid (HR: Jean Kraft)
- Kettle Range Meat Co.: Mark Bearce
- Klement Sausage Co.: Ray Booth (HR: Claire Hephner)
- Leach Farms: Jacque Oldenburg
- Lakefront Brewery: Russ Klisch (HR: Carole Tapp)
- Maglio Companies: Sam Maglio (HR: Catie Bowers)
- Miller Baking Co.: Mike Walz
- O&H Danish Bakery: Peter and Eric Olesen
- Palermo's Pizza: Giacomo Fallucca
- Quigistics: Vivek Sharma
- Suzy's Cheesecakes: Mark Kirchner (Jeff Madden)
- Sysco Eastern WI: Rob Huether
- The Bartolotta Restaurants: Joe Bartolotta
- The Spice House: Tom Erd
- Troubadour Bakery: Richard Specter
- Vonco Products: Keith Smith
- Usinger's: Fritz Usinger (HR: Deanna Kutchenriter)
- Wixon: Peter Gottsacker (HR: Sandy Jaskulski)
Annual Sponsors, Partners and Educators
FaB Talent Committee Members
- Bassett Mechanical: Kim Bassett
- Chortek: Mark Albrecht
- Earthwise Environmental: Adam Rix
- Miron Construction: Dan Voss
- MRA: Mike Kopczynski, Marc Pardon, Deb Schultz, Kelly Greinke
- Northland Laboratories: D.J. Alwattar
- Professional Dairy Producers of WI: Shelly Mayer
- The New North: Connie Loden
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Phyllis King
- WI Center for Manufacturing & Productivity: Buckley Brinkman
- Goodwill Industries: Dan Depies
- Maglio Companies: Catie Bowers
- Palermo's PIzza: Alex Nowakowski
- Professional Dairy Producers of WI: Amy Bonomie
- Sargento Foods: Sara Suckow
Unable to Attend
- Baker's Quality Pizza Crusts: Patricia Miller
- Black Bear Bottling: Peter Caruso
- Chowventions: Amber Frymark
- Contract Comestibles: Andy Gehl
- Create-A-Pack: Dan Kipp
- Food Ingredients, Inc.: Brad Dettmann
- Galloway Co.: Greg Pollesch
- General Mills: Feff Debele
- Krones: Holger Beckman
- Lakeside Foods: Glen Tellock
- Leinenkugel Brewing Co.: Dick Leinenkugel
- Lesaffre Yeast Corp.: Tom Benner
- Masterson Foods: Michael Masterson
- Michael Best: Paul Benson
- Nikki's Cookies: Nikki Taylor, Kathy Klotz
- Milwaukee Pretzel Co.: Matt Wessel
- Racine Kringle: Christopher Heyer
- Saputo Cheese: Terry Brockman
- Sargento Foods: Louie Gentine, Mike McEvoy, Jeremy Behler
- Seda North America: Lorennzo Angelucci
- WI Grocer's Association: Brandon Scholz